Possible Prototype NeXT Cube?

erek

[H]F Junkie
Is this a prototype?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293210235104

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
also this seems to be teal or turquoise not sure if any production cubes were anything but black?

Yea I've only seen black for production models. It seems that it is quite a rare machine. I'm sure you could do a Best Offer on it and negotiate the price down since it has been verified not to power on. Let the seller know that parts for those are hard to come by already, and repairing it would take a significant amount of money and time. :p

Reactions: erek
like this
Yea I've only seen black for production models. It seems that it is quite a rare machine. I'm sure you could do a Best Offer on it and negotiate the price down since it has been verified not to power on. Let the seller know that parts for those are hard to come by already, and repairing it would take a significant amount of money and time. :p

how come nobody else is snatching it up?

this guy treats his production unit like it's really rare and precious and delicate. There's also a pristine complete (NeXT Computer) unit on eBay right now for 35,000 bux

The NeXT Cube is not the same as the NeXT Computer so maybe that's a big enough difference. can someone help me please?https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-and-c...641868?hash=item261aef364c:g:B7cAAOSwGMFcvddL

how come nobody else is snatching it up?

this guy treats his production unit like it's really rare and precious and delicate. There's also a pristine complete (NeXT Computer) unit on eBay right now for 35,000 bux

The NeXT Cube is not the same as the NeXT Computer so maybe that's a big enough difference. can someone help me please?

The youtube video is a NeXTcube, but this eBay listing is a NeXT Computer !!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube:

upload_2019-11-3_13-50-0.png

Auction:

s-l1600.jpg

Why isn't this snatched up ?!

I realise it's rare, but $1500? No thanks.

"For those who really wanted all-out speed, there was another accelerator board known as the "Nitro". They were very rare and only five to twenty of them are rumored to have been made. It raised the processing speed up to a "blinding" 40 megahertz. "

also the NeXTdimension color accelerator @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeXTdimension

Nope. Those were already super rare even at the time.

Really wish I hadn't sold that stuff. But I was 20 year old kid living alone working at Lowe's. And selling it off piece by piece I know I made hundreds.

This thing isn't Teal it's actually black! Thanks to someone pushing back on Retro Machines facebook page!

upload_2019-11-4_13-10-40.png

Hah, wow. Must just be the lighting in the picture, or improper white balance. Even looking on multiple different screens and computers, it almost looks like the Cisco green. lol

like this
Hah, wow. Must just be the lighting in the picture, or improper white balance. Even looking on multiple different screens and computers, it almost looks like the Cisco green. lol

upload_2019-11-4_13-46-14.png

Looks black to me.

Someone needs to channel their inner Carmack and recreate Doom from scratch without any reference to the source code using this bad boy.

like this
Looks black to me.

Someone needs to channel their inner Carmack and recreate Doom from scratch without any reference to the source code using this bad boy.

what color is this then?

249741_upload_2019-11-3_13-50-0.png

Back