Possible power issues with Ultra X-Connect

SoulFlow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
138
Hey folks,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and processor (MSI Neo2 Plat and Opteron 146) and have had some strange issues since the upgrade. The problem is that even when I run the 146 at stock speed, my usb ports will cut out randomly and I have to reboot. Everything else is rock solid stable (even when my 146 is oc'ed to 2.8ghz) Could this be related to the poor quality of the Ultra PS? I'd rather not have to replace the unit if at all possible. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
 
Due to the symptoms, I doubt it's the power supply. Not to say it couldn't be the power supply because quite frankly I've learned that anything is possible...

It's more likely the new motherboard has an issue (or heaven forbid, the new CPU,) but the only way even a computer technician at a shop is going to try another power supply... or another motherboard. Which would be easier for you? ;)

If you have ANY other power supply you can try... even a friend's... at least try it. It'll put your mind at ease, at least. Since the mobo and CPU are new, they're probably an easy RMA.

EDIT: Actually, the X-Connect would be an easy RMA too since they have a lifetime warranty and do all RMA's as an advanced replacement.
 
I think that it is more likely a motherboard problem than a PSU. You may want to try flashing the BIOS with the latest version.
 
Back
Top