Possible mobo/onboard problem? HELP!

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
1,409
Hey guys I am a huge gamer and recently my sound just seemed to die on me pretty much. I am using an Abit NF7-S v2.0 board and am using the onboard sound. What happened is one day I sat down to my computer to play CS and lucky me I could hardly hear my sound. I checked everything, in game options, control panel options, I reinstalled mobo drivers rolled back audio drivers... Still nothing just extremely low sound. I have tried different headsets and different speakers and it is always low... I hope it isn't something with my mobo! Any ideas? I really need my sound before HL2! Also I am about to reformat if I can't figure anything else out...

-merc
 
That's strange, I've never really heard of onboard audio just kinda going out, but anything's possible. Thankfully, a really, really cheap soundcard would probably outperform the onboard anyway. That's what I'd do, anyway :p
 
wel any suggestions? i am on a slim budget right now (saving for snowboarding) but i want to see if i can fix this if possible... the sound isnt out completely, just super duper quiet and barely hearable...

-warsaw
 
hmmm... is there any static when you turn it up, or do you need to turn it all the way up to hear anything at all?

Also, I hate to ask, but as I'm not there to look, are all of the volumes up in your "Volume Control"? The reason I ask is because I've had programs turn down the "wav" volume (which is basically everything but midi) and so, even when I turned up the volume in everything else, including the main volume, it was still quiet.
 
all the volume bars are at the highest and there is no static when i turn it up... its just uber quiet... argg

-warsaw
 
Try rotating the plug in the socket... I would guess your plug is going bad.

I agree with insanarchist. Buy a cheap sound card. You'll be better off anyway.
 
well i reformatted and guess what boys! it works again... somehow reformat solves everything even though it takes a bit of time... just good thing i have 2 hard drives i can switch stuff to backup on tho! :)

-warsaw
 
Back
Top