• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Possible Imcompatability issue?

JCNiest5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
4,141
Okay, is it possible that a certain motherboard may not be compatible with a certain CPU even if it recognizes the CPU model? My situation is this: I have an ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0 and a newly bought E7400. The board recognizes the CPU properly, but when Windows shutdowns, it just won't turn off the PC! It would act like everything is shutdown, screen goes blank, HDs turned off, but power remains to everything else. I only noticed this problem when using the E7400 on this board. I've tried other CPUs (E1400, 440 and IIRC awhile back an E8400...) and they all perform turning off the PC properly upon shutdown. But when I put this E7400 back on, it just wouldn't turn off the PC completely. I've tried putting the CPU on a different mobo and it seems to be working properly there, so my only guess at this time is that this CPU and the ECS mobo isn't truly 100% compatible with each other.

Can such thing be true? It may be a BIOS issue but it recognizes the E7400 model properly (as shown on the POST screen), so I'm pondering on this...

Anyone has any inputs?

Thanks...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top