Possible FRAUD ALERT: someone is trying to use my eBay ID to rip [H]'ers off here!!!

Wait, nobody thought to send a message through ebay to confirm the owner of the Ebay account?

Yes, two people eventually did - and that's how we discovered it this morning.

I don't know how many he scammed before that but if the first few people had done what DieselDog did this morning (messaging me through ebay to confirm identity), we would've found out sooner and prevented a lot more fraudulent transactions.

I only ordered from the guy yesterday and it was late at night. I got concerned when David told me he had just bought a 2600k with the same batch number as me. Also my credit union is moving forward (sorry paypal this is just to clearcut) and I should have the majority of my money back today or monday (hopefully)

Damn sorry to hear that dieseldog. I know dieseldog is a great buyer from my 2 experiences with him. Hopefully this gets resolved fast for both the victim parties.

will look into this

I only ordered from the guy yesterday and it was late at night. I got concerned when David told me he had just bought a 2600k with the same batch number as me. Also my credit union is moving forward (sorry paypal this is just to clearcut) and I should have the majority of my money back today or monday (hopefully)

Wow, Diesel - that's good to hear. That's one more reason to bank with smaller organizations like credit unions instead of mega-banks. You'd never get that kind of responsiveness from BofA, Chase or any of those big guys.

Anyways, I PM'ed Matrix for an update. Hopefully we hear something soon because this jack-hole is still trying to scam people as we speak!

and he is still pm'ing, wow i hope whoever he is trying to scam reads this. dam where are the mods when you need them.

and he is still pm'ing, wow i hope whoever he is trying to scam reads this. dam where are the mods when you need them.

Yup, just checked his activity and as of 3:58pm (10 minutes ago) his status was "private messaging".

I know that the Mods have to do their due diligence as well and can just arbitrarily banned an account based on what a handful of members (us) are stating . . . but tick, tock, tick, tock.

Anyone scammed so far is bad enough. Anyone else scammed after this thread was created and mods alerted would be really tough to swallow.

He's still cruising the F/S/T forum at this minute.

I'm trying to decide if it's beneficial for me and anyone involved to PM him (if no one has already). Since he's only dealing through PM's no one but the Mods will know who he's been in contact with.

My CU said to go through paypal first then if nothing talk to them again mainly because they said I would have to go through more headache even though I would get my money fast. So as usual patience is the answer

Good for you. He is checking out his PMs now. Either someone send him a link to this thread or he is still scamming people.

Well, I included a link to his profile. I figured that it would be like sending a mod a pm. ;)

I'm sure that his time here is limited.

OK, so as of now these are the members with active trades w/2yen:

-dieseldog49
-impactfactor
davidlem

Anyone else?

Last edited:
Just heard from Oldie in both PM and eBay . . . the shoe's about to drop on this guy. Just wanted to take a moment just in case this thread gets locked to thank you guys for bringing this to my attention and also my best wishes that you get everything sorted out to get most/all of your money back.

Let me know if I can help in anyway. Thanks again.

edit: now I'll have to check all the other forums I know of to see if this jerk-off pulled the same thing anywhere else.

Last edited:
I funded mine through Chase so I will contact them but expect very little, at least immediately. Hopefully Paypal gets a whiff of this (I added the forum link just in case) and takes care of bidness. It wasn't even 12 hours between transaction and claim, and my bank still says the charge is 'Pending'.

Good luck to everyone involved. This is only the second time I've been had in over a decade of buying/selling online, but it doesn't get any better with age.

One redeeming factor is that another [H] member stepped up and sold me the item I wanted so I'll still get to build my i7 rig over Thanksgiving break :)

Nice, I am still hunting for another 2600k and a 2500k. I hope it works for you with your bank mine had cleared before I could file a claim :(

Sorry I didn't update sooner. He's been banned. I tried to dig for anything else that might be helpful but didn't find anything. Best of luck to the folks out money.

Thanks oldie. No wonder he never responded to my ridiculous counter offer.

2yen was offered me an iphone 4 that i has a WTB thread for and I didnt fell for it. He even sent me pictures of the phone with 2yen @ hardforum in the pictures. Now i found this thread and it make me feel so much better. Sorry for others now has to deal with this asshole.

2yen was offered me an iphone 4 that i has a WTB thread for and I didnt fell for it. He even sent me pictures of the phone with 2yen @ hardforum in the pictures. Now i found this thread and it make me feel so much better. Sorry for others now has to deal with this asshole.

Most of these scammers read through the WTB section to see what your looking for and then PM you that they have the item you want.

Always be suspicious of anyone who offers you anything through PM, specifically if they are a new member .

Sending a picture should mean less than nothing in these cases, as its easy to take pictures of item's you own..that in no way signifies they have any intention of actually sending it to you.

It cant be said enough times...ALWAYS get all the contact information you can from any potential trading partner, and verify that information.....The people who did that in this case are the reason this fraud was discovered early ..but not early enough

Full refund delivered today via PayPal. Everything's all good now. Thanks again guys for the help.

I just received an email that Paypal's investigation has decided in my favor. I should be getting all my money back from the scammer. But at the end of the email it does say if they can't retrieve the money from the scammer (if his account is empty) that they will have to take other avenues, so I don't know how that might affect me in the end.

I've done many trades with Yen. He is an upstanding guy. Too bad this happened to him.

I just upgraded my paypal claim I will post here once something changes.

Any news for you on this?

Full refund delivered today via PayPal. Everything's all good now. Thanks again guys for the help.

That's great to hear - glad you got all of your money back!

I just received an email that Paypal's investigation has decided in my favor. I should be getting all my money back from the scammer. But at the end of the email it does say if they can't retrieve the money from the scammer (if his account is empty) that they will have to take other avenues, so I don't know how that might affect me in the end.

Hopefully they can get your funds back too. Looks like we caught the guy mid-stream so there was SOME money still in his paypal account - that's why some above have received their refunds in full. If he was smarter, he would've cleared his paypal account after receiving each payment - then all of his buyers would've been screwed b/c Paypal wouldn't be able to get any of the funds back in that case. Hopefully everyone will get their money back in full!

I've done many trades with Yen. He is an upstanding guy. Too bad this happened to him.

Thanks for the kind words, Sam - haven't talked/seen you in awhile but that's probably because I'm not upgrading my system this year :) The red FT02 is still serving me well . . . thanks again for that beauty!!!

Not yet I am still waiting hopefully I should hear something today but we shall see

Ridiculous, I've dealt with yenniedn before and he's an upstanding guy and great with communication.

Scammers will do anything, sheesh. Hope this doesn't ruin anyone's perception of you yenniedn.

I ended up getting all my money back from Paypal shortly after they contacted me in November. Even if that money came out of their pockets, I've spent thousands through Paypal since the event and I'm sure they made it back.

Back