possible for two computers sharing one router to each use torrents?

g|aSsJaw

Limp Gawd
On our new gamerslounge router I was able to set it up to take care of the port I use for Azureus and I'm now getting great speeds on my torrents. However, my brother is on the same network behind the same router and he likes to run torrents as well, using a different port. What can I do for both of us to get the most out of our dl speeds using this router?

Use different ports, and have the router forward those specific ports to their respective machine.

and hope the router can handle the torrents, alot of home routers crap out with torrents.

I'd suggest you get ahold of an old computer, anything from a pentium or higher. At least 100 mhz and 16 megs of ram. Then get a linux floppy router and run that instead of a cheap router. Many cheap routers are crashing now when using torrents since they open so many seperate connections. Where as a linux based router will not have those limitations. I suggest you look at www.clarkconnect.com for on solution, though you'll need a harddrive and at least a 200 mhz computer for it.

Back