Possible Facebook spyware.

polarman5k

Limp Gawd
Today I have seen 2 computers with Personal Antivirus. Both were infected when they opened an Email from a friend from facebook. Malware Bytes hasnt been updated to pick it up yet and it is very persistent.

Keep your eyes open for it guys, its quite funny to see.

Edit: Malware Bytes does indeed remove it thankfully.

Last edited:
ahhh, ive seen probably 50 of these other ones but not this one before. Good to know its not a new one, could be common though if its spreading thru facebook (or facebook like emails)

Around 3 months ago we had a whole bunch of clients get hit by it, there was like a 2 week stretch where it was spreading around like wildfire.

These "rogues", also nicknamed "fakealerts", keep getting new variants released as often as 6 times per day to keep ahead of the antivirus software out there. It's frustrating. No particular habits in how they get picked up by people..can be spread through social sites, or even on normal websites that get hacked into by the peeps that spread these, and they hack in the drive-by install injection code into websites they hack into.

Last winter I was on one of the main UAW (united auto workers) website when it jumped up one of my home computers.

Not too hard to get rid of if you know the right tools. I seldom use MalwareBytes for SmitFraud stuff, there are other programs out there that are better. These tend to be specialized programs used in malware removal forums.

Not too hard to get rid of if you know the right tools. I seldom use MalwareBytes for SmitFraud stuff, there are other programs out there that are better. These tend to be specialized programs used in malware removal forums.

This is when you provide a link to those tools.

I would but some of these tools are pretty nasty. A user can mess up a system by killing things they SHOULDN'T. Commonly, the programs produce a log file that reports a lot of legitimate files and the user is supposed to filter out the legit and take out only the bad ones. If someone doesn't know how and just tries to take out everything on the list, say bye bye OS.

EDIT: you have PM.

Last edited:
Back