Possible dumb question inside: Seamless eyefinity display?

Ocardowin

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 25, 2010
Messages
73
So, I was at a baseball game the other day and I noticed how the electronic advertisement bars are long, seamless (or at least appeared that way), and slightly bent (since the stadium is circular).

Just from a theoretical standpoint, does the technology exist for a company to come out with a similar seamless LCD display that gives you native 5760x1200 or whatever it is without the bezels?

I know the market size wouldn't justify the R&D costs probably necessary to make such a monitor a reality, but I'm curious if it could be done.
 
Here's a company working on them, nothing available for purchase yet:

http://www.seamlessdisplay.com/products_radius320.htm

They announced clear back in 2006 though, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I think there was one that Asus or Alienware or someone showed off at a con, but it had an absolutely shitty resolution and you could still see the seams.

I would anticipate displays like that becoming a reality, but we don't seem to be there yet.

*edit* Found it, it was Alienware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GpHn2hKA4Q

Video of the seamless setup here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWivZEtH6-c

Here's another from Ostendo: http://www.crvd.com/why.php Again with the shitty 2880x900 res though.
 
Back
Top