• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Possible DIY CLOSED water loop?

JoeUser

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
3,919
Just curious if one can custom build a closed water loop like those that Corsair makes.

Interested because for CPU water cooling, custom rigs always outperform those premade systems so I'd like a custom rig but want it closed as to avoid maintenance like bleeding and refiling.

My thought is to skip to reservoir and build the loop while it's submerged as to completely fill the loop and close it off...just like premade closed loops.

Any one have some thoughts or experience? Google has failed me on this subject!

Thanks!
 
Have I heard or seen something like that, no, but I love the idea and in theory it should work. If you decide to take on this project, please take pics and do a writeup with details.
 
I would love to see how this is done as well, I've been wanting to watercool my machine for a while.
 
Well don't have the parts now but I'm guessing that if using some sort of anti-bacterial/anti-corrosive liquid that it should work as I honestly don't see any reason why it wouldn't if done carefully.

I mean all it seems as though it would be is a Corsair system just using better and bigger parts, right?

Anyone have a spare pump laying around? Have all posts needed except that... :-/

Well was just asking to see if anyone had tried it...since it seems like a no guess I'll have to be the test dummy on this one! Probably be awhile as a pump is needed and I have more important things to buy in the time being.
 
Back
Top