Have a R3275US laptop and it's having problems, it takes 4-5 minutes to boot up, and it seems to be reading from the drive a lot when starting programs, and general response/performance is not up to comparable laptops (my friend has a HP P4 3.2 and it's like night and day. I also cannot play 3d games without the system freezing.
I thought it was software, but reformatting does not fix the problems. So i fired up the UBCD and ran some tests. The read speed was 6.4M and 14.8 write. there were two bad sectors, one at the very start, and one about a gig later.
Does this drive need replaced? and if so, how do i make sure it's isolated to the hard drive and not some overall damage? I would hate to get a new hard drive and have the same problems.
I thought it was software, but reformatting does not fix the problems. So i fired up the UBCD and ran some tests. The read speed was 6.4M and 14.8 write. there were two bad sectors, one at the very start, and one about a gig later.
Does this drive need replaced? and if so, how do i make sure it's isolated to the hard drive and not some overall damage? I would hate to get a new hard drive and have the same problems.