Possible damage on pins?

auntjemima

[H]ard DCOTM x2
This is a vintage thread! Just a heads up.

I bought a bunch of vintage cards recently and during my initial inspection I noticed one card might be missing or burned leads. It honestly looks like they are intended to be missing. There are no black marks, or burning, or pieces, they just aren't there.

I tried the card in an old system and it wouldn't power up with this particular card. Just LED's on the MB, no fan spin or drive noise, nothing.

I have attached a picture. Clearly this card has an issue, and I will be trying it on another system at a later date, but let's talk specifically about the leads.

IMG_20171008_141834.jpg

Edit:! Card is a Riva TNT2 32mb AGP.
Edit2: there are missing leads on both sides. They all look the exact same.

looks normal to me and i don't see any visible damage. what is it?

There are no connections to the leads which aren't there either, so it's intentional. I don't know what the pinouts of AGP were, but I do not think this is related to any problem you're having.

There are no connections to the leads which aren't there either, so it's intentional. I don't know what the pinouts of AGP were, but I do not think this is related to any problem you're having.

This was my thoughts exactly. I checked another TNT2 32mb I have and the pins are there and once again, no leads going to them.

Guess I'll hope for the best and try it in another system before I put it up for sale.

ah ok. yeah thats by design. i don't remember what my tnt2 looked like, been waaaaay to long. if it doesn't work its garbage, imo...

IMG_20171008_145649.jpg

There are the three I received. Out of all 21 cards in this package and the 30 or so others I have the one on the right is the only one with pins like that.

not sure what the variance is, could be unneeded power or maybe agp 4 instead of 8. not sure but the google shows plenty with varying missing pins.

j2FIJbU.png

Those are my exact pin locations! Thanks again!

I did a half-assed Google search with little luck and moved on haha

There goes my theory that this W2000 system isn't booting with this card for that reason lol

Back