My problem is on my new computer I setup about 2 months ago.... the specs are below
CPU: e6660
MOBO: MSI 975x
PSU: Antec TP- II 550w
GPU: 7900gt
Cooling: Corsair Natilus 500
Memory: 2 gigs of Patriot DDR2
The first time I turned on my CPU.. I got a wierd small pop noise with the smell of burnt electronics... I was worried that something went wrong with the PSU or motherboard. However I turned on the computer with flawless results and preceeded to install the OS. I soon disregarded this incident as a none event and shortly later decided to do some OCing after a week. That went great! I pushed my E6600 to 400mhz FSB with a vcore of 1.55 and was prime stable at 400mhz FSB. I ran this setup for about 2-3 weeks with very few problems except the cold boot issues that I encountered (these were normal however and reported to happen to a lot of people when they OCed the MSI board.) I would normally have to reboot once or twice to get the system running, I found this as a minor hassel and assumed it was worth it for the OCed performance.
What happened next was I turned my PC off for the night about a week ago. The next morning arrives and I want to turn on the PC to read the news and emails. Well.... I try to get it booted restart Once.... then Twice.... finally get it to boot in after about the 10th time. The cmos was reset and I set the options up boot into windows fine. I turn off the computer that night and wake up to turn on again in the morning... Same problem I encounter (only this time it seems to take 5 more reboots to get in...) I continue this cycle for the next 3 days in which it only seems to get worse( I set to stock settings and get the same kind of cold boot problems which I never got before on stock settings...) As the days pass and I use the computer more it seems to make the cold booting problem worse!
By the 3-4th day the only way I can get it to boot is by turning off the system taking out the power cable and keeping it off for at least an hour +. After all these problems however im still able to boot into windows after like +100 button presses and power resets.
I tried to figure out what the problem was but was baffled. I RMAed the Motherboard figuring it was a cold boot problem and the motherboards fault... (since logically if the computer eventually turns on and runs stable and the lights on the motherboard are lighted up you dont think the PSU is the problem.) Well now I am waiting on the RMA to come back I heard MSI is good about there RMA and return policy so I went with that method. Now im worried that I could of dismissed it as a PSU problem and RMAed a working ( but buggy) MSI 975x board. Is it possible the PSU could still work and run games everything stable? but cause nasty cold boot problems?
CPU: e6660
MOBO: MSI 975x
PSU: Antec TP- II 550w
GPU: 7900gt
Cooling: Corsair Natilus 500
Memory: 2 gigs of Patriot DDR2
The first time I turned on my CPU.. I got a wierd small pop noise with the smell of burnt electronics... I was worried that something went wrong with the PSU or motherboard. However I turned on the computer with flawless results and preceeded to install the OS. I soon disregarded this incident as a none event and shortly later decided to do some OCing after a week. That went great! I pushed my E6600 to 400mhz FSB with a vcore of 1.55 and was prime stable at 400mhz FSB. I ran this setup for about 2-3 weeks with very few problems except the cold boot issues that I encountered (these were normal however and reported to happen to a lot of people when they OCed the MSI board.) I would normally have to reboot once or twice to get the system running, I found this as a minor hassel and assumed it was worth it for the OCed performance.
What happened next was I turned my PC off for the night about a week ago. The next morning arrives and I want to turn on the PC to read the news and emails. Well.... I try to get it booted restart Once.... then Twice.... finally get it to boot in after about the 10th time. The cmos was reset and I set the options up boot into windows fine. I turn off the computer that night and wake up to turn on again in the morning... Same problem I encounter (only this time it seems to take 5 more reboots to get in...) I continue this cycle for the next 3 days in which it only seems to get worse( I set to stock settings and get the same kind of cold boot problems which I never got before on stock settings...) As the days pass and I use the computer more it seems to make the cold booting problem worse!
By the 3-4th day the only way I can get it to boot is by turning off the system taking out the power cable and keeping it off for at least an hour +. After all these problems however im still able to boot into windows after like +100 button presses and power resets.
I tried to figure out what the problem was but was baffled. I RMAed the Motherboard figuring it was a cold boot problem and the motherboards fault... (since logically if the computer eventually turns on and runs stable and the lights on the motherboard are lighted up you dont think the PSU is the problem.) Well now I am waiting on the RMA to come back I heard MSI is good about there RMA and return policy so I went with that method. Now im worried that I could of dismissed it as a PSU problem and RMAed a working ( but buggy) MSI 975x board. Is it possible the PSU could still work and run games everything stable? but cause nasty cold boot problems?