• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

positive pressure

gabzor

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
121
http://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=usa

I have no top exhaust, just 1 back exhaust fan, and 1 intake (case is a 650d) i was planning on changing out the fans on it, cause even though it is a silent case, the noise coming from it bothers me

i'm willing to downclock my cpu/etc.. but it doesn't seem that bad oc'd


if i setup my fans like that, where the top is an intake, would it be considered a positive pressure case?
 
Depends on the size and cfm of the fans. also air flow plays a factor, but typically when you u have more cfm going into the case than out, you have positive pressure.
 
I've been running my current system for almost 3 months now, and am finding that positive pressure style setups actually make a difference. I have 2x 120MM front intake, 1x 120MM bottom intake, PSU 120mm intake 1x 120MM rear exhaust. I vacuum my dust filters weekly and there is usually a good amount of dust/cat hair on them, and barely any dust in the case/on the fan blades when I crack it open. Usually after a few months in my old case (P180 with 2 exhaust, 1 intake) I would notice dust.
 
Back
Top