posible silicon image limit?

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
just purchased a sata 1 TB western digital hard drive but when the system is posting it detects the drive but doesn't show drive capacity and the system hangs there with a blinking cursor. unplug the drive and restart the system and it boots up. my 320GB western digital drive has no problems as u can see in the last pic my question is could it be the limit of the 3114 silicon image controller on my DFL LP2 ultra B?

meet028.jpg

with 1TB drive
meet029.jpg

with 320gb drive
meet030.jpg

initial startup i cannot have the drive plugged in but now i can plug it in after windows boots and it took the format :confused:

1tb.jpg

I have that drive on a silicon sata port on my A8R32-MVP Deluxe and it works fine, but that's the only drive I have on the silicon controller. I'll move it over to a Highpoint RocketRaid card next week, I never have good luck with silicon sata controllers.

I have that drive on a silicon sata port on my A8R32-MVP Deluxe and it works fine, but that's the only drive I have on the silicon controller. I'll move it over to a Highpoint RocketRaid card next week, I never have good luck with silicon sata controllers.

well im on an NF2 platform with the 3114 silicon image controller. when i booted off the WD cd it let me format a partition to 320GB but i was able to delete the partition and creat a full TB petition under computer management .

1tbbench.jpg

Back