Ports being scanned...

tybert7

2[H]4U
and the source appears to be my own computer. The first address column is the source, the second the destination

wtflu.jpg

I have run several scans from programs like malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials but it picks up nothing. I don't notice any real damage or slowdowns or hijacks... but it looks scary. Is it some obviously harmless thing or more serious? i.e. format the drive and reinstall from scratch?

You might try Spybot Search and Destroy. Maybe it's some kind of toolbar?

don't know if i'd call it scary...

137-139 and 445 are netbios (filetransfer etc.) and the IP is owned by FAST (Microsoft owned company.) Probabaly just some MS software trying to phone home or some weird MS data farming thing.

not anything that would make my alarmbells ring anyway.

FAST search and transfer's website redirects to a microsoft sharepoint 2010 website. if you have sharepoint installed on your computer, its probably an updater service or other phone-home procedure. if you do NOT have sharepoint or MS office suite installed, i would look into it further.

there is probably so many of them in the log bacuse your firewall is blocking it, and it keeps retrying or trying another port.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back