Portraits

Mr. Baz

2[H]4U
Let's try this again....and I won't go a-wall.
Just portraits of humans and animals....but be sparing on the animals.

Here's one recent one I'm doing for a chick that's in a rock band here in Tallahassee.
gal7.jpg

DSCF0780.JPG

I think this was more of a luck shot than anything else, but considering the chaos and pandemonium that was surrounding us at the time (his baby sister was being born), I think it turned out great.

Not my kid, BTW.

EDIT to add that I'm not standing on anything to take that pic: I'm 6'8"!

DSC01258.jpg

My human subjects won't agree to being posted and since I must respect their wishes, all you get is this cat.

I must admit, I really like how the color of the blanket brings attention to the eyes.
-Calsceron

Ehhh... I work at a portrait studio. Il have to get some scans when I get home from work.

Some of my dads kittens outside (these are 3 kittens from 1 mamma cat), rest of pics, and full size are here:
http://gallery.adamdriven.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album18

PICT0293.sized.jpg

PICT0294.sized.jpg

PICT0305.sized.jpg

Beautiful picture, Calsceron. I love the eyes.

Adam, your last kitty picture is neat. (y)

Here are my comtributions:

Self-Portriat
Eyes.jpg

My brother (RED HAIR) and some friends during a party at my place
Party.jpg

Best for last--this one speaks for itself
Blur.jpg

Even if the first is really good (or maybe I'm just full of myself? :p ), I still like the last the best.
The party shot was a neat idea--I'm standing outside on the deck/porch looking through a window.
The last, I simply pointed (through a glass door) and shot--it's amazing how unplanned pictures can come out so nicely.

I've noticed that when doing posed shots, being able to coax a natural smile out of your subject is so much more rewarding than a fake smile. All it takes is a few words.

Nervously do I venture into posting my own shots here. They're sort of subpar compared to what some of you fellas do, but I'm still learning and trying hard.

All taken with an Oly C-740.

---
Pakse%20and%20the%20Blue%20Balloon.jpg

Cadence%20and%20the%20Toy%20Car.jpg

Pakse%20Transfixed.jpg

April%20and%20Shai.jpg

Cade%20rides%20Nessie.jpg

Croww, Pakse Transfixed is a very nice shot. Makes you wonder what's got her attention.

I'm going to be getting a C-750 in a few weeks. I'm excited :)

Thanks for the compliment Gondi :) What actually had her transfixed was a beautiful panoramic view of the Ohio River and the Kentucky riverside from the Serpentine Wall in Cincinnati. She was 2 years, 3 months and it was her first trip to see the river.

If you'd like to see some pics taken with the Oly C740, you're welcome to look at my shots on http://croww.blubox.yi.org/pics . Finished Pictures has the ones I was really pleased with.

Good luck with your 750, hindsight being 20/20 I wish that I had gone with the 750 since it has audio capabilities in video mode. I thought I'd never use video but you never know you need it until you don't have it hehe.

croww

Daughter
Shelb.jpg

Me (black tropical shirt) and some friends @ Luray Caverns last summer
Guys2.JPG

Pic I took from my Sis's wedding
SisWedding.jpg

I like the third image in both sets hardline...but i don't like the extreme sharpness of the pictures....guess i'm not a huge fan of freckles. Nice composition though and keep em coming!

As for the sharpness, my thoughts were that it plays into bringing out the shallow DoF which I like to use, but I can see that a softer look would be attractive as well.

Hardline, i love both sets of photos... any tips as to how you did them or what equipment you used?

All I used was the Drebel, a 50mm 1.8, a willing model, and a nice location ;). As for taking them, she has amazing eyes so its tempting to just snap off 1000 shots of just her head but other than that I've found success with varying height of her and me, with her looking up giving a good effect in my opinion. I'm just an amateur like most here and just go by what looks good to me, the only piece of advice that I've heard and I have found to work is to keep the subject at an angle off 90 degrees to the camera. Truly, I know next to nothing about portraiture, and I'll be the first to admit it :D

Back