• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Portrait-Portrait(flipped) eyefinity?

E_man

n00b
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
58
Ok, so I got 2 20" 1600*1200 monitors, an HP LP2065, and a Dell 2007FPb. Tried playing with eyefinity (for rts, which is nice to have the extra space, and middle screen is less important) and it works great in landscape.

Problem is, I want to try portrait. Unfortunately, when my HP rotates to portrait, it need to be portrait(flipped) in CCC to look right. The Dell needs just regular portrait. Enabling eyefinty forces them both into either portrait, or portrait(flipped), meaning on is right side up, and one is upside down. Obviously a problem.

Any way to fix this?
 
Ok, so I got 2 20" 1600*1200 monitors, an HP LP2065, and a Dell 2007FPb. Tried playing with eyefinity (for rts, which is nice to have the extra space, and middle screen is less important) and it works great in landscape.

Problem is, I want to try portrait. Unfortunately, when my HP rotates to portrait, it need to be portrait(flipped) in CCC to look right. The Dell needs just regular portrait. Enabling eyefinty forces them both into either portrait, or portrait(flipped), meaning on is right side up, and one is upside down. Obviously a problem.

Any way to fix this?

I tried solving this issue myself, even went through registry editing which modes the monitors should be in to try to force it, but never got anywhere. I haven't seen any mention of a planned fix and my posts went unanswered,.

I would at least fill out the issue on their driver feedback form and hope they add support for this arrangement in the future:
http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3

Btw if your HP is using a VESA mount (4 screws on the back) you may be able to dismount it and flip the monitor upside down and remount it so when it rotates it's proper (or just mount it in portrait arrangement) ;)
 
Thanks, I'll fill it out. I have a feeling this will be fixed soon-ish, more as a side effect of their promises to fix PLP set ups. Think this is the same problem.

And once I get a 3rd monitor, I'll be getting a tripple mount, so no longer a problem then. Just hoping it would stop being a problem sooner rather than later :(
 
Btw if your HP is using a VESA mount (4 screws on the back) you may be able to dismount it and flip the monitor upside down and remount it so when it rotates it's proper (or just mount it in portrait arrangement) ;)

I'd try this first. Easiest solution unless you need/want to switch between portrait and landscape now and then.
 
...more as a side effect of their promises to fix PLP set ups.

Please provide a link and a quote to prove this, because I think you are sorely misinformed.
 
Wish I could, there was a link to an interview in some thread on wide screen gaming forum. Couldn't even tell you the subject of the thread, it's been too long. Your welcome to do your own searching there if you want.

The quote was something like a lot of AMD people use PLP setups themselves, and were going to fix it because they know how nice such a setup is.
 
Wish I could, there was a link to an interview in some thread on wide screen gaming forum. Couldn't even tell you the subject of the thread, it's been too long. Your welcome to do your own searching there if you want.

The quote was something like a lot of AMD people use PLP setups themselves, and were going to fix it because they know how nice such a setup is.

I can't remember seeing a thread at WSGF where AMD promised to "fix" PLP. Its a feature they are looking into adding, but never made any statements that they will add it as far as I have seen. Closest I could come to, is a statement where Sunspot answers a question about this:


Sunsp*t said:
Lol you aren't asking for much... and "issues" sort of implies something is broken. I think we have delivered everything we said we would,so far, and we are working on many of the other things y'all have asked for. And some things you aren't aware of.

If $1000 would take care of PLP L88tbastard, I'da already paid for it out of my pocket! koawinter has it right, EF is still a baby. The universe of the desirable is much bigger than the reality of resource and time.

I know there are no answer in this, just wanted to let you all know I am still watching and reading.
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17023&start=45

@Kyle: Sunsp*t is Carrell Killebrew from ATI. :)
 
Last edited:
There is something you can use called SoftTH. I was using it before I got an Eyefinity card. allowed for flipped orientations.

IT's not the most supported, requires some tweaking, and flat out doesn't work with dx10 or dx11 games. But, right now, it's the only way to have a flipped screen.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/
on the actual site it says 1.08 is the newest, but in the top right corner of the screen you'll see the forums. in there is 1.9rc which is the newest.
 
Back
Top