Portrait of GF

Jarrstin

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to make a painted portrait style picture of my gf. Here's what I have so far:

New Portrait:

sarah2ta1.jpg

Original Image:

dsc00770ox2.jpg

I'm looking for some critique and some advice. Thanks!

Critique...

Eyes are a bit over done.... the edges are too sharp in my opinion.

Oh... and remember, it's just my opinion.

Advice...

I don't have any, because I really, really suck when it comes to PS... sorry.

I kinda think you should start with a better picture if that is possible. The one you have now seems to be a bit overexposed, especially the facial region.

It looks too filtered right now. Nice but filtered. Try going over with a brush so you get some personal strokes in there.

I assume that you are using a P&S? is their anyway to get the flash off camera to remove red eye. She has blue eyes and thats going to be a problem anytime with flash. How about getting a shot outside early in the morning or late in the afternoon. It will provide better light and hopefully you don't have to use flash.

where is the GeForce?? i was hoping to see a GeForce :(
girlfriend instead... well :p

Original is way better and has more character. Don't quit your dayjob to do PS editing...

Girlfriend? Cute girlfriend? Definitely not allowed on [H]. You must be an imposter... :)

Seriously, I think you need to work on this some more. This is meant to be helpful and not a criticism of you or your work. Way too much contrast around the eyes .... I'd tone down or eliminate some of that, as it too heavily accentuates the eye makeup, distorts the shape of the eye, and is unflattering. Since you've filled in her eyes to fix the redeye, you also need to remember to give her some pupils. I'd also suggest you rotate the crop to make her more vertically oriented since you are cropping out the rest of the shot. Without the context of the rest of the picture having her skewed like that looks strange to me. Finally, I think you may have desaturated too much, but that may be because you are starting with a flawed snapshot (flash has washed out the face, low contrast, etc).

Girlfriend? Cute girlfriend? Definitely not allowed on [H]. You must be an imposter... :)
1.2 Years hasn't been here long enough

maybe because of the tough economic types [H] users are doing better

You should just try painting it instead of adding a filter over it. It's very easy if you're just painting over a picture. Take the brush, sample colors from your picture and paint over it. The smaller the brush size, the more detailled the painting can be.

yeah that looks like just a filter if u really wanna get doen and dirty and bring those mids up and get it to bleed more do it by hand its gonna be a little bit but its worth.

Back