Portal

Tac

Limp Gawd
So I was browsing over on gamespot and I noticed they are showing portal as being released today, see it here. Now I know it's only a 1 day but If steam releases it today I would be ecstatic, I"ve been waiting for to play the game for the better half of a year.

edit: nvm I just checked steam and it says 10/10/07. Oh well whats another 24 hours right?

I'm still trying to figure out why the Orange Box unlocks on the 10th, when the retail boxed versions are available today.

Are they letting you pre-cache the installation and then unlocking it at Midnight? I'd love to do the bulk of downloading after work today before their servers get smashed.

Are they letting you pre-cache the installation and then unlocking it at Midnight? I'd love to do the bulk of downloading after work today before their servers get smashed.

Yes, I have Portal and Ep. 2 preloaded and ready for the midnight PST unlocking.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Orange Box unlocks on the 10th, when the retail boxed versions are available today.

We have different distribution in the UK but isn't it the case in the US where official release dates are Tuesdays and that's when the product ships from the warehouses but isn't necessarily available to pick up in most stores?

Over here the product ships mid-week, arriving in retail stores Thursday or first thing Friday morning, ready to be sold when the shop opens on the Friday.. which is the official release date.

We have different distribution in the UK but isn't it the case in the US where official release dates are Tuesdays and that's when the product ships from the warehouses but isn't necessarily available to pick up in most stores?

Yup. If it says 9th of October, it means that it will ship on that date, and be available at all retailers on the 10th. Some groups do have it on the actual date, but the vast majority don't.

as long as the game is locked on steam you won't be able to play, even if you buy it retail today... at least as far as I understand the system.

There is a countdown timer when you click on the preload information in steam. Should alleviate any concerns about the exact time when it'll hit.

all preloaded and ready to rock.. I learned my lesson with the tf2 beta, PRELOAD EARLY :D can't wait

The portal game is supposed to be in a combine testing facility. Im sure were a human testing a new gun or something.

i have to say im pretty confident we will see the portal gun in the near future of half life 2 story. It would be fuckin wild! just think of the possibilities

I'm calling it now...I bet freeman gets the portal gun for the final battle in Ep3 agaisn't whatever last boss they come up with.

Indeed, we're scheduled to unlock it on Steam at midnight, Pacific time. If you buy it now, you can download it and play as soon as it is unlocked.

Ahh after whatching the trailer for Portal again, I'm excited!

Back