Portal/CMS/Forums

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so i am again looking for a clan site, something along the lines of an ejin based clan site. Ok with spending money ( not alot), trying to stay away from PHPnuke,
How is the Vbulletin CMS? i was looking at Vbulletin CMS and Bulletin package.
PLEASE HELP! I am about to pull my hair out right now, wish we had the money to have a custom site wrote, but we dont. Please!

I havent ever run a clan website, but I have a lot of experience with vbulletin, I ran a large vbulletin 3 based forum with CMS, I liked it. You could even search for clan specific mods for forums like phpbb, vbulletin, invisionboard. Heck, maybe wordpress with some modifications is an option too!

But like I said, I havent ever dealt with very extensive clan websites, so I am not sure exactly what sort of functionality you are expecting out of it. But I do know a lot of popular scripts have mods for them that will cater to a surprising amount of needs that people may have.

well i was phpnuke, as i said, its a great clan site base, but too hard for me to code for, and to buggy

I never liked phpnuke very much... But you have my ideas, vbulletin is a very well made script with extensive template system and very excellent community and support.

hanks man, we will definitely look into the cms/forums package, ill have to run it across our council first

Definitely check out Xenforo. While it might not be geared for clans out of the box, it is far superior to everything else code-wise. It was created from scratch recently by the original vBulletin developers.

Vbulletin is a really good forum cms and simple to setup. I use Drupal but has a learning curve

Joomla! is always my CMS of choice for any sites I do. It only has limited options for forums though. I have used Joomla!/Kunena(forum) though and it's pretty good.

Back