Portable Software question

transam02

Weaksauce
I was wanting to know how and if there is a way to put software that will run off of a flash drive. I was looking through pcworld and seen portable apps and the programs I was wanting to use are not on there site. Mainly its my software for working on computers that I use. I recently tried to install them on there but each time I did it would install that software on there but wipe the others off. I know I have enough room on the drive but was wondering if I was doin something wrong. Thanks in advance and if this is in the wrong section I am sorry and if you would please move it.

www.portableapps.com

If you can't learn how to do it from that site, then something is wrong. Thinstalls ftw!!! (the site will help explain that comment)

Even better would be to build this: UBCD4Win

and populate it with the tools you want the most, find most useful, or just can't live without. Once you're done, you can burn it to a bootable CD or even a DVD if you have a lot of stuff, and even better is...

PE2USB, a kickass little tool that will take the UBCD4Win you create and transfer the contents over to a USB stick that's bootable too. So the best of both worlds: a CD/DVD or a USB stick, or both.

Now that's a good start to a technician's toolkit if there ever was one.

Good luck...

Back