portable scanner ideas???

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a USB document scanner that I can hook up to a laptop that doesn't require an A/C power supply jack??? I need something like this that I can take to meetings so I can scan docs or pages out of presentation manuals or books.

Thanks.

just start by googling portable scanner, or do a google image to see whats out there.. i did and many of them are pretty expensive.. $150-$300, etc

I can recommend what NOT to get.

I brought a Visioneer XP300 Scanner, and sent it back the next day. Wow, was I disappointed in this thing. Two major issues:

1. The advertised feature of being able to have the paper eject out the back, or up from the scanner, does not work. Period. Makes it useless for behind-the-keyboard use.

2. There is no longer a delay built in for when you insert the paper to give you time to get it straight. As soon as the paper comes close to the feeder, it starts pulling in. This makes it literally impossible to get a straight scan.

Visioneer gave me prompt RMA and refund with no questions asked. I did some research on reviews and most have reported the same issues I have.

This is a really expensive scanner too.
-Larry

Back