• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Portable movies browser program?

doodada

n00b
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
55
I am not sure how to word this, but is there such a thing as a portable movies browser program?

I carry my external hardrive around to my friend's places often. I would like a program that can show the movies I have on the external. The program will show the movie's information (movie poster, plot, actors, etc...) with the option of playing the trailer and the main movie. I will have the trailer on the external of course. When I click it, it would load up media player classic to play it.
 
Isn't that just a media player?

I am looking for something similar to a windows media center but simpler and portable.
 
Wow, your looking for a plug and play OS for media? Something capable of doing things like Windows Media Center?

Only that can run from a USB hard-drive?

I just wanna make sure I know what you want.
 
not an os, just a program that is self-contained ("portable") and has "browser" functionality as he described. I would definitely pay money for a program like this. I think it would be cool to have an external HDD loaded with movies that i can take anywhere and have a program showcase it that needs no installation.
 
Back
Top