Portable/compact mousing surface

Masejoer

Gawd
I can't stand touchpads or pointing sticks so I'd like to be able to use a mouse, but I need a miniature mousing surface that's made out of a hard material. Does anyone make anything like this that is around 6x9" in dimensions, or preferably slightly smaller?

how large is the palm rest area on your laptop? my fiancee in a pinch will use that area to mouse on when space is constrained. she uses a steelseries icemat i1 which is like 9x9 or something.

Use cloth, perhaps a regular QCK or even a QCK mini, cloth you can fold to make it easily portable, it's lightweight and rolls out... But if you are trying to make your own surface you may want to consider a hard pad of some sort...

If I may ask though do you really need a surface, maybe you should look into a laser mouse since those should track on any (flat) surface really..

My current portable is an 8.9" Fujitsu Lifebook so palm rest area is a minimum. I am trying to find something that is as portable as the notebook. I'm a passenger in a vehicle for some 6-8 hours a week so a hard surface that can be placed on my right leg, laptop on left, would work best, without the size and bulk of lap "desks".

The notebook itself is about 6x9 which is why I started with those dimensions - it'd pack easily next to the notebook.

Yeah, I saw those although they're still a bit over-sized. It may be my only choice though. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back