Portable and lightest LAN computer

karu

n00b
so yea, a friend of mine wants to build a comp that is easy to carry from house to house and hold the top tier parts, a quadcore, 2x 8800gtx, 4 gigs ram, prolly 2x 150gb raptor.

any recommendations on what kind of computer case to get? i've been looking around, and its been a challenge just to find something to fit something as huge as the 8800gtx. SLIing it at that..something small and easy to carry yet hold top tier stuff

PC-7B (aluminum), with machined billet handles from mnpctech.

going small form factor with all that shit is gonna be a headache and pricey.

so yea, a friend of mine wants to build a comp that is easy to carry from house to house and hold the top tier parts, a quadcore, 2x 8800gtx, 4 gigs ram, prolly 2x 150gb raptor.

SLI in a SFF hasn't been done since socket 939.
Some have been able to run the Gigabyte G33-DS2R in crossfire though. Can't remember where i saw it, but you can look through its thread in the SFF section to find it. If you want SLI, you'll need full size ATX and a small case like the Lian Li PC-A05 as previously posted.

A05 for sure... Make sure to get a PCI blower fan for the top PCI slot too... aha.

Really SLI? If that's what your dead set on go for it its been said many times over though that it's not really a good option unless you're running ultra high rez monitorS(extra emphasis on the pluralness). Also a "top tier" video card would be the 8800 Ultra.

Back