port mapping/forwarding with ICS

Force Flow

n00b
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
41
Is there an easy/better way to do port mapping/forwarding like on a regular router? I just set up a win2000 box with ICS to take the place of my router that died.
 
As I'm sure you've figured out by now, ICS in win2k sucks ass. I had to use it for a couple months before I finally got linux drivers working for my wireless usb adapter. Anyway, you can indeed forward ports with ics. I don't have it in front of me right now so I don't know the exact names of stuff, but it's in the advanced properties of the ics page. You just have to add a service, which will allow you to put in the ports and the destination ip address.
 
No, I see it and it's in there. It's just really clunky. I was looking to see if there were alternatives to get rid of the clunkyness of it.

On 98/ME systems, I've seen that you can edit an *.inf file to setup port forwarding. Is a similar thing available in 2k?
 
Back
Top