Port fowarding using ICS

A

Aevron

Is there any way to foward ports using the Internet Connection Sharing option in Server 2003?

I have a spare computer acting as a router to two additional computers, but some games require me to open ports.

If it can't be done natively, are there any programs that can do this?

On XP when you click Enable ICS in the network adapter properties, a Settings box is highlighted at the bottom, hitting that takes you to port forwarding. I'd guess it'd be similiar for W2k3

I'm sorry I've just had to ask these questions because I'm seeing this soo much.

You have windows 2003, is it the trial or you legally entittled to run it? and Why are you using ICS with windows server instead of RRAS?

Originally posted by bigstusexy
I'm sorry I've just had to ask these questions because I'm seeing this soo much.

You have windows 2003, is it the trial or you legally entittled to run it? and Why are you using ICS with windows server instead of RRAS?

I got the two-CD trial from Microsoft over the summer. My router died a few months ago and I read I could use an older computer and Windows 2003 to share my internet connection instead of going out and buying a new router, so I gave it a try.

I'm kind of a newbie at this, so I've never heard of RRAS. Someone recomended ClarkConnect to me so I installed that last night and am quite satisifed with it.

Back