Port forwarding Linksys WRT54G2 for Verizon DSL (Starcraft)

Boxerz

Limp Gawd
I have port forwarded the port 6112 for Starcraft on my Buffalo router when I had Comcast and I did it for my friend's Verizon FIOS also. The Buffalo router burned out after years use and I switched ISPs because my sister ordered some cheaper package..

I had to change the Local IP Address to 192.168.2.1 instead of the default 192.168.1.1 because the DSL uses that IP address for their own basic setup.

I set the static IP address to 192.168.2.102 and have port forwarded that exact address but when I go to Status on the Linksys menu, it says my IP address is 192.168.1.47 and I checked that in my Verizon DSL setup and that is the address I have..

I have a Westell Model 6100F modem for Verizon and a Linksys WRT54G2 router.

I normally follow the instructions here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G2/Starcraft.htm but it doesn't work here.

the dsl "modem" has a router function built in. you'll need to set your router as dmz on the westell or put the westell into bridge mode.

thanks for the reply. i figured the modem had some kind of router function so does that mean i can connect to it wirelessly without my linksys router?

i went to tech support for linksys and they helped me port trigger it than they said i have to talk to verizon and i called verizon and they said they are not allowed to help me with that kind of stuff since it's not a necessity.

so now, i need to figure out how to port forward it from verizon side. i forwarded my port from verizon's modem but it doesn't seem to be working so i guess i gotta learn how to do that bridging or dmz..

i went to the DMZ option under the DSL options and it won't allow me to do anything so I guess bridging is the only thing left but I don't see that option and don't know where to start for that.

Back