port 9700

tristan801

n00b
I have a java program that uses port 9700 ( FXGame, Oanda ) . It connects and disconnects all the time. All others programs ( like MSN Messenger, chat programs and other ) work OK, but the one that uses port 9700 doesn't work properly. I can connect, but after a while it disconnects and reconnects again.
My ISP says that port 9700 is not high priority, like port 80.
As I know nothing about the port 9700, I said nothing to him, but as far as I know, many people use the program and nobody has that problem, so they have to have a way to fix it.
Technical support ( Oanda ) told me that could be port 9700, so it's my ISP problem.
My ISP says that the port 80 has the highest priority, and 9700 has not high priority. But I Shouldn't have to have any problem, beacause I can use the port, it works, but too often it disconnects and reconnects again, in few seconds.
Any ideas? What should I tell to my ISP?
Is it my ISP or Oanda's problem?
TIA,
Tristan

have you tested it out on a different computer on your network?
or
other people with your same isp have the same problem?

Hello computadorka;

have you tested it out on a different computer on your network?
No, I have this computer only with this connection.

other people with your same isp have the same problem?
I don't know, I will try this today, I will connect with another computer that I know uses my ISP. If I can connect properly with that computer means that I have the problem, not my ISP, so I have to focus in my java application rather that the ISP, isn't it?

Thanks for the reply,
I will tell you what happened in few hours.

Back