Porn Companies Using RIAA Tactics

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
People in the UK are getting a bit of a RIAA-style shock when they open their mail. Apparently people are getting twenty page letters demanding roughly $733 (U.S.) for downloading a single movie. So what’s the big deal? The movie in question is hardcore porn. What is the world coming to when you get sued for downloading porn?

"The cynical lawyer in me would say this is a money-making exercise. "If you send out 10,000 letters and ask for £500 each time, you only have to get half to pay up and you've made a significant amount of money. "Because it is porn, the person who's being accused won't want to go to court and is more likely to pay up to make the matter go away even if they are completely innocent."
 
Lock, Stock ...and Two smoking barrels...well...maybe just one barrel

;)

:D
 
lol... an email is going to scare $900CDN out of my wallet?

ignore, ignore, ignore.
 
lol... an email is going to scare $900CDN out of my wallet?

Its not an email. Its a proper letter from a law firm and if you refuse to pay the monies then they will start court proceedings against you. Will they get more/less from you in court? Who knows but once you start adding lawyers fee's etc to all this you can see that the original 500£ probably doesnt look to bad.

In the last few weeks there has been a lot of letters sent out for people who illegally downloaded the music track "Scooter - All Over The World" and also got told to pay up £500 or goto court. Same applies do you risk going to court and potentially paying up a whole lot more? The worst thing in the case of the scooter one is that immediately after you have paid up the original £504 they send you another letter for £1000 or £2000 for colin mcrae rally (if they also have evidence of that) or other games.......what can you do, if you have illegally uploaded the game you have broke the law.
 
Haha, the dirty cleaning up dirt; how disgustingly funny.
 
man how come I never come up with things like this. Lets see, 10,000 letters @ 500 bucks a pop. If 50% pay, that would make me $2,500,000. I may have to get to work on this.
 
lol... an email is going to scare $900CDN out of my wallet?

ignore, ignore, ignore.

Canadian federal/supreme courts ruled that duplication of information for personal use is protected under current Canadian copyright laws.

Until they manage to push new law through (Bill C61 is worse then the DMCA and they're trying to push it right now), it is well within your right to download and view all the porn, or anything else you'd like.
 
Enlightenment happens when one discovers the wonders of the RED sea as viewed through a hollow TUBE:D.
 
Im suprised the Nigerians haven't picked up on this scam yet:

"From the office of Mumgumba & Associates,

We are aware that you have aquired software/pornography or data that does not belong to you, if you send us $500 we will be willing to ovurlook this issue.
"

All you need to do it compile all the most popular downloaded films/movies/music and etc and just send letters to everyone! Talk about a money machine!
 
lol... an email is going to scare $900CDN out of my wallet?

ignore, ignore, ignore.

Canadian federal/supreme courts ruled that duplication of information for personal use is protected under current Canadian copyright laws.

Until they manage to push new law through (Bill C61 is worse then the DMCA and they're trying to push it right now), it is well within your right to download and view all the porn, or anything else you'd like.
 
Hopefully people arn't going to pay up. There's clearly some cases of people having their IP spoofed here, but even those that have legit cases shouldn't pay as the palava of prosecuting a case on shakey ground might put these guys off.
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.


<<high fives>> but first I must ask, have you washed your hands ???
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.

You are a much braver man than I sir.

*salutes*
 
ive found that theres soo much free streaming porn out there, theres almost no reason to download anymore.

the porn industry and RIAA really need to be thanking Pandora and Pornhub
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.

You've got some serious balls to tell people that.;)
 
I'm an RN. When I was a student one of my instructors once said in class that there was a survey done where 95% of the men admitted to masturbating.....and the other 5% lied.

It really was very funny when she said it.
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.

I think you've got an incredibly disturbing relationship with your grandmother, if you guys talk about masturbation :)
 
I'm an RN. When I was a student one of my instructors once said in class that there was a survey done where 95% of the men admitted to masturbating.....and the other 5% lied.

It really was very funny when she said it.

it works both ways too.... chicks are just as bad...if not worse...we only get one every couple of hours... girls can go until they pass out or chafe
 
it was bound to happen eventually......i mean, I had always wondered if they simply werent bothering because their profit margins were less affected or something, but people do download a helluva lot of porn....

in a way i almost sympathize with them a bit more than any of the other pirated mediums (porn,music,movies,games).
 
so if i get some lawyer to send out 100000 letters to random people claiming that they stole my IP (and i dont mean like ip address) telling them to pay me $100 or i will take them to court for $eleventybillion dollars per pixel or sample of whatever it is im saying they stole... i could probably make quite a bit of dough!
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.

Nudges some admin on [H]ard|OCP to change his title, "To[H]ard|to|handle w/1 [H]and".
 
cmon, god gave half the people sex toys attached to them- and thank god guys have the cocks. if women could fuck themselves you would never see a female in public ever.

and as for the porn threats- i would do the same thing i did when i saw riaa and mpaa letters, laugh.
 
The one crowd I could politely tell to just FUCK OFF & they haven't sent me a demand letter. Damn! :)
 
I am glad that I am virtually un-shamable. I love porn and masturbating and I don't care who
knows. I have told my mother and my grandmother before and I would have no problem
telling everyone I work with too.

I refuse to be embarrased by something that is not illegal and that a huge percentage of
people do.

lol :eek:
 
Back
Top