Popping/crackling sounds.

Someperson

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
39
Over Christmas I built a new system and had horrible sound anomalies in my games.

After trying for a couple weeks to solve this I though that an offboard sound card would fix these issues. So I bought a Creative Soundblaster X-fi xtreme audio card.

This made the crackling/popping less severe, but it was still there. I've uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, the card, and am out of ideas...

I would really appreciate any advice on how to solve this annoying issue.

ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard
Nvidia geforce 8600 gt graphics card
4 gigs corsair xms ddr2 ram
Vista 32-bit OS
Intel Core2duo 2.20 GHz processor
 
Hey I am having the same problem. For me rebooting fixes it for awhile.
 
Possibly something in your case causing interference with the sound hardware? Any way you can get your hands on some type of external soundcard/DAC to test that theory?
 
Possibly something in your case causing interference with the sound hardware? Any way you can get your hands on some type of external soundcard/DAC to test that theory?
I have no way of tasting that, no money and I know no one who is able to lend me one...
 
any chance one of you all having issues is using a linksys wireless card?
 
Could it be your speakers? Does it do this with headphones or different speakers?
 
What speakers, do you have? What power supply do you have? Have you tried swapping out the cables from the audio card to the speakers? Have you tried headphones, to see if it happens there (meaning it could be the speakers or the cables then).
 
What speakers, do you have? What power supply do you have? Have you tried swapping out the cables from the audio card to the speakers? Have you tried headphones, to see if it happens there (meaning it could be the speakers or the cables then).

Not my speakers, tried it with headphones and it still was causing the noises. Also I have a 750 watt power supply.
 
IMO some problems can be having items checked that isn't needed in volume control setup...mic, line in..ect
 
Back
Top