• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PoP vs. RoN vs. other?

G-Nome

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
213
I was recently asked by my mom what I would like my brothers to get me for Christmas. Needless to say, a game was one of the first things that popped into my mind. wink.gif

The two games I was considering were Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Rise of Nations: Gold Edition. Now, I was never very into the RTS genre, but would like to give it a fair chance. Would RoN be a good first experience? As in, very noob friendly? Or should I be considering something else? Thanks!

Oh, and it can't be too pricey - $30 max.
 
I think Rise of Nations is a good purchase. It is an easy game to pick up and is pretty straightforward.
 
Another one that just came up is Darwinia. It's cheap ($10 :D) and the reviews are all really good. Anybody have good/bad experiences with it?
 
Darwinia is an excellent title. Very pick up an play - even for some one not well versed in RTS games. It's a very non-traditional RTS, not much in the way of base building or resource collection, but quite creative and fun to play.


Another game in the same ilk as Darwinia is Defcon: Everybody Dies. Very straight forward, simple to understand hard to master type gameplay. It's only about $15 (download, ~25 shipped box) as well, but only available through steam or Introversion's website right now.
 
another vote for RoN
Its a great game, i play it almost daily :D
Though nothing beats playing it on a lan with friends and hearing "Ok Fuckers who just launched the nuke"
Heheheh
 
Both are awesome games, but RoN will last you longer. I'm not sure if the Gold Edition comes with the expansion, but if it doesn't I suggest you see if you can get that added as well. It's got a ton of additions to the game.
 
Back
Top