• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pop up Private Message?

chizu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
233
Do we have the option for the PM to automatically pop up if we have a new PM?
 
Actually, it's a vBulletin option but it's been disabled here because it basically has to make another query to the database with every page that gets loaded.
 
I know I offer it as a solution ot every problem, but...

Proxomitron!

Instead of you having to look all the way up in the corner of the screen to see if you have unread PMs, Proxomitron could be set to look for you. Then it could redirect you to the inbox, or inject some javascript into the page to pop up an alert or do something else to get your attention.
 
is it really that hard tho just to look at the top of the page? You still have the option for email notification for PMs
 
we used to have this, then it was disabled becuase alot of people found it annoying.
 
Some people like the passive ICQ style messaging, opposed to the obnoxious AIM version. I'm cool with the current version. :cool:
 
Cold Dark Shadow said:
is it really that hard tho just to look at the top of the page? You still have the option for email notification for PMs

The problem is not hard, the real problem is that I seldom look up there because I am use to a pop up message. The reason why I requested this is because last time someone PM me and it took me two weeks to noticed it.
 
New PMs show up at the top of your User CP. I don't know about anyone else, but I check my User CP quite often. :)
 
just go in your profile and enable instant notification for new PMs and you wouldnt have that problem
 
Cold Dark Shadow said:
just go in your profile and enable instant notification for new PMs and you wouldnt have that problem

LOL!!! I didn't know we have that option. Thank you
 
wel i have mine enabled but it doesn't pop up .. do you think it has anything to do with pop up blocking ?
 
mohammedtaha said:
wel i have mine enabled but it doesn't pop up .. do you think it has anything to do with pop up blocking ?
Like I said, pop-up notification here is disabled across the board, so no matter what you put in your settings, it won't work. The "instant notification" CDS was talking about is email notification that you have a new PM. Problem is, it seems to only work sporadically for me.
 
Lethal said:
Like I said, pop-up notification here is disabled across the board, so no matter what you put in your settings, it won't work. The "instant notification" CDS was talking about is email notification that you have a new PM. Problem is, it seems to only work sporadically for me.


you know, ive noticed that too, not just with PMs but with thread notifications as well
 
Back
Top