I am experiencing poor video streaming quality from my WHS 2011 home server. I have more than enough horsepower in the server for cpu it is a quad core 965 with 4 gb RAM. the cpu/ram utilization isnt too bad when streaming real high def stuff.
when it is streamed over my LAN the video is great, no hiccups. But when i go over the website to the server and stream, big time lagging.
so i am wondering if maybe its the file format im using? I switched to a MP4 format and that did way better than the .mov file that my camera apparently uses.
so a few questions:
1. what is the best file format to stream HD video (1080p)
2. and what program would be best to use to convert my existing videos? i dont mind getting one of the binz so it doesnt have to be free
any other info or suggestions in general would be appreciated. I have tons of video on there, i jsut have never taken the time to get this all configured for streaming over the net.
Thanks!
when it is streamed over my LAN the video is great, no hiccups. But when i go over the website to the server and stream, big time lagging.
so i am wondering if maybe its the file format im using? I switched to a MP4 format and that did way better than the .mov file that my camera apparently uses.
so a few questions:
1. what is the best file format to stream HD video (1080p)
2. and what program would be best to use to convert my existing videos? i dont mind getting one of the binz so it doesnt have to be free
any other info or suggestions in general would be appreciated. I have tons of video on there, i jsut have never taken the time to get this all configured for streaming over the net.
Thanks!