Poor performance of AMD sata?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Just got two of the Micron 1100 2tb ssd for 500 usd. Checked them both on Intel VR I7 laptop speed was 523 Seq. then I installed one in my HP x360 Ryzen 5 2500 U laptop Seq was only 399 on MS generic driver, Installed AMD 13.1276 driver and got 403. Is this another case of AMD poor sata performance? Like I said tested both drives. What is going on here? Is there a newer driver? The one in the Chipset drivers was 12 something dated 2015....

Just got two of the Micron 1100 2tb ssd for 500 usd. Checked them both on Intel VR I7 laptop speed was 523 Seq. then I installed one in my HP x360 Ryzen 5 2500 U laptop Seq was only 399 on MS generic driver, Installed AMD 13.1276 driver and got 403. Is this another case of AMD poor sata performance? Like I said tested both drives. What is going on here? Is there a newer driver? The one in the Chipset drivers was 12 something dated 2015....

uninstall the AMD SATA driver use windows AHCI one

On the top end of 4k tests, the AMD desktop stuff is a bit slower, due to intel's stronger single core performance, on that system though I have no idea?

what are you benching with? i just got a 360 myself

yes it might be a limit of the chipset/design. you are comparing different form factors of laptops are you not? unless you are only ever transferring files I doubt you are gonna notice any difference in normal use anyways. have you grabbed the new drivers(end of june) for the model from hp?

Actually I have the 18.71 installed since AMD finally supports the Vega 8 and they are fine best so far . But they do not install the chipset drivers only Graphic ones. Like I said I tried the latest chipset for sata and gained a whopping 4 meg a second., I won't install 1803 as the last time it totally trashed the OS.....

Then live with what you got. Unless you're benching you prob won't see the speed difference anyways.

lIpOYG8pXws7SnSC_kjTW6SFuo89jZzuz1XnuSfRkGe8ceftsgwJHQ7lgLfbXE-BIR-Q96hTZ_GMVcPYDAQ=w513-h512-no.png

what mine does with same drivers.....feels very quick regardless of the score

I've tended to find a 10-15%+ reduction in SATA performance on AMD kit over Intel.

They make up for it in other areas. Swings and roundabouts.

Back