Poor Magic ISO Support?

mt_100

Limp Gawd
Years ago I bought a license for Magic ISO and used it. Upgraded regularly as it is included in the license.
Well, after getting to version 5.4.248 I have been unable to upgrade. Every time I try the application no longer accepts my license key. Odd, that the newest version that I can use without the problem is also now missing from their site.
They don't respond to emails. So, just to let everyone know, stay the hell away from these dicks.

If you pick up the latest copy of Maximum PC, one of the readers complained about them not responding. The recommendation was to not deal with them. There were always better alternatives anyway, such as UltraISO and PowerISO.

So is MagicDisk the same as Magic ISO? Searches for both end up on the same page but MagicDisk is freeware, or was a few weeks ago.

MagicISO was created by some Chinese guy, who stole some code from (I think) the creator of PowerISO and made MagicISO. He then made that special .uif format, which sucks, and is all over torrents and downloads. Sucks. I would stay far away from it.

I highly recommend PowerISO... it can handle .uif (MagicISO) files, as well as .daa and pretty much every other disc image format. Although, I've never had to contact PowerISO support, so I can't vouch for that being any better.

If you are interested in more about MagicISO, the guy that made the free UIF2ISO converter has written up an article about GPL Violations by the maker of MagicISO:

http://aluigi.org/misc/magiciso_gpl_violation.txt

Interesting. My copy is from a long time ago. Frankly, I hate them enough to break into the software I legitimately paid for and will continue if I see need.

I will look into the others though, if I can find something better might as well.

+1 on move to powerISO
I cant live without it now, imaging, virtual drive, easy modifying images,

Back