poor college student

tacosareveryyummy

Supreme [H]ardness
So as you can see from the title I am poor. I have a budget of roughly 400.00 bucks to spend upping the rig in my sig. Here is what I have decided on so far. Let me know what you guys think. Suggestions are appreciated. Everything is comming from newegg.

ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $104.99
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM $5.99
Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2 - OEM $89.95
MSI NX7600GT-T2D256E Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card With Full Version Game Prince Of Persia 3 - Retail $174.99

Have to buy a copy of windows since I am getting a new mb to oc the AMD 3200. ABS wasnt nice enough to include an install cd when they sent me my christams present.

Thanks

does msi carry a lifetime warrenty, just incase since u prob wont be upgrading for around 2 years you prob want a lifetime warrenty... i would suggest a bfg, xfx, or evga

I'd check your college bookstore for windows XP.
they usually have a discounted version.

my university offers free WindowsXP & winXP 64-bit edition for the engineering students.

alternatively, staples has winXP home upgrade disc for $49 after rebate.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1053071

I also can't believe you're operating on only one 80gb hard drive. that'd be my advice to spend the extra money on a nice little 250gb drive. common to see for about $80 nowadays, or $60 after rebates

J Macker said:
I'd check your college bookstore for windows XP.
they usually have a discounted version.

my university offers free WindowsXP & winXP 64-bit edition for the engineering students.

Best bet here, I got 3 legal copies of xp through the UNI bookstore for $10 dollars total. 1 32 bit, then they got 64 bit so I bought that, but the 64 had a copy of 32 with it. Win win right there.

J Macker said:
I also can't believe you're operating on only one 80gb hard drive. that'd be my advice to spend the extra money on a nice little 250gb drive. common to see for about $80 nowadays, or $60 after rebates

Not hard if you don't have all your games installed, all your music ripped. :)

Back