• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Poor 7800GTX :(

aww....ATI all the way baby alwayz have alwayz will even tho i had a go4200 in my laptop but now have an x300
 
:confused:

the 7800gtx has GREAT image quality regardless of how they do it. still for my $$ I'm thinking I paid too much.
 
New drivers will address this. The current driver set is not 100%, yet. People have been complaining about the shimmering effect since the cards release. New core = driver teething pain.
 
what exactly is "shimmering" I have a 7800gtx and havent noticed anything out of the ordinary?
 
As people have said, enw cards tend to have problems. I remembe rmy old Radeon 8500, got it almost as soon as it came out, and teh earlier driver releases were HORRIBLE. There was so much stuttering in games it was a joke. UT(1) ran at 23 FPS on my 8500 (with no AA or AF) at 1280*1024 on early driver releases due to said problems (which increased to 70-80FPS after they fixed it, with AF too). That bug almost made the card unusable, where at least this bug is just a minor IQ loss (and not one ive noticed much).
 
spaceman said:
is it just a bug or a coverup?

Not a bug, sort of a coverup, but more like a work around. Definately not something to be proud of.
 
And yet the 6800s have the same problem. It's not just teething problems with the 7800. I hope Nvidia will learn that consumers want the choice to enable the highest quality possible at the cost of performance.
 
ZXQ said:
is this strictly a GTX issue? havent seen crap on my GT :cool:

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it won't or doesn't happen on your card.
Firstly you need AF enabled to even notice the shimmering.

Don't try to look for it though, becaus eonce you know what it looks like you will notice it WAY more often, but then agian looks like the drives will solve this issue.
 
And yet the 6800s have the same problem. It's not just teething problems with the 7800. I hope Nvidia will learn that consumers want the choice to enable the highest quality possible at the cost of performance.


qft

I know I like to do that with older games although I don't own a 7800 series I like to play older games with graphics cards cards that weren't out at the time. I just finished playing Unreal 1 with the old Unreal Opengl patch and the rig in my sig it may seem crappin today but I played Unreal 1 at the following.

12/10* 4 AA 8 AF (monitor limited)
all IQ as far as it will possibly go for this game with out it being the ureal 2 engine and the sound was awesome since the soundcards of Unreal days sucked my audigy 2 value could run Unreal 1 sound with eax 2.0 proccesing, 64 channels at 96khz it was great and it never ever slowed down ever.

hardBBQ is right some people do wanna max there card with great IQ and play at 30 frames instead of good IQ at 60 frames.
 
Back
Top