• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pondering the 650D, but........

Tullphan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
319
There's a decent deal that ends today for the Corsair 650D.
I like the case, but honestly it' might be too big for me.
Currently I'm switching back & forth between a V1000B & a V1100B.
I'm pretty sure the Corsair will win in the airflow department as well as the cable management department.
Right now, I think my Lian Li's will only win in the weight department & the ease of moving around (wheels) department. I'm torn on build quality as i've never owned a Corsair case.
Are the 650D's really that good of a case?
Is $149 (AR) shipped a good price on these?
Is there a better case out there for the price that has the quality & features of both my LL's & the Corsair?
Thanks.
 
I have the 650D. I also own 4 Lian Li cases.

I feel that the build quality is good but its no Lian Li. The included fan controllers seem to fail a lot.
As far is air flow is concerned, your Lian Lis have it beat. The front fan is pretty much useless and difficult to replace due to the space available.

The only thing I really like about this case is that the H100 fits really well and cable management is above average.

After all is said and done, I should've bought another Lian Li.
 
The case I wish I had bought a while back is the V1000B. I should've gone with the A77B but I needed a case fast and missed out on a really good deal.
 
I once owned a V1200B. I customized it a bit by crafting panels from black mesh aluminum to hide the psu and hdd areas and drilling a couple 1 inch holes to help with cable management. Performance PCs cut a 120mm blow hole in the top of it for me. I sold that case to someone who absolutely butchered it. i was very upset the first time I saw it after he cut it up the way he did. I then bought a B25FW-B and another side panel which had a rectangular window instead of the stock panel. Both are great cases. I still have the second one. I can't bring myself to sell it. Now, I use the 650D. It's a great case, too. cable management is superb. Regarding airflow, I have no concerns. Of course, the Corsair is heavier but that's OK. I don't move my case around very often, if ever. Build quality? That's going to be a matter of opinion. I think they're pretty close to equal. I will add that's it far easier to get parts for a Corsair case. If Performance PCs or Frozen PC don't have the LL parts, good luck. I got my second windowed panel for the B25FW-B from Hampton Technology(ies) before they were available anywhere else but every time I called them regarding something else, they never had any in stock and didn't know when they'd have any.
 
Back
Top