Polycarbonate thickness question

Th3KrawL3R

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
310
How thick should the polycarbaonate be if i'm building a pyramid case? I will probably have just fans mounted on the sides and have everything else mounted on the base. Keep in mind I want to keep costs down because this case is gonna be huge. (24"x24" base)
 
With that large of sides, 1/8th inch will not cut it, it will be way too flimsy. I made a couple cases out of 1/8" that were 10" cubed, and found it was too weak for even that. I now use 6mm (.236") on all of my cases. It is definatly worth every cent for the added thickness for the size case you are making. I would advise using either 6mm or 1/4" or you will be scared of breaking your case every time you even try to pick it up. HTH.
 
Back
Top