Poll: What video card do you have?

Still rocking the two 6970s. Having a very hard time playing Crysis 3 alpha on low at 3600x1920. Will upgrade to the 8xxx series whenever they come out.

lol okay sure

i meant everything "i play" sorry :) such as World of Warcraft Natural Selection 2 Heroes of Newerth Starcraft II World of Tanks etc @1080p... Although i think i can still play high to ultra and some AA on more demanding titles...

And by plays yes it can play bf3 ultra 4x aa at 40fps etc...

Lets see:

Radeon 6950 2gb (main comp)
GTX 260 wife
Radeon 4830 spare
Radeon 6450 HTPC
Geforce 8800GT guest comp

the 260 and 8800 are obviously dinosaurs, but still work fine. There's no need to spend money to upgrade them.

Water cooled 580's in SLI......and I haven't played a game in months....:mad:

My 5870 is getting g a little long in the tooth but so far the only game I can't play onax settings is BF3. I am planning on upgrading g soon. I'll probably look for a 7970 when the 8000's come out and they get into the $300's.

why doesnt somebody remake this thread and actually have a poll. since looking through 5 pages to see what most people are using is a waste.

i have a gtx 670

gtx 580 that i got for only $150
gts 250 in dad's pc
gtx 280
9400gt
8800gt

5870+5830 asymmetrical crossfire.

Upgrade itch left me after 6GB 7970 wasn't a 6dp model. Looking at next gen now.

Running a 6990 + 6970 in my main rig, single 6970 in the wife and guest PC's, and a 5830 in another spare. Like Yakk, I was somewhat disappointed after seeing the lack of 6-monitor native support on the 7970. Holding off until the next gen, and we'll see where to go.

For now, these mine like a champ. =)

video cards = worst investment ever!

i'm still a couple of gens behind.. pair of GTX295 dual PCB
HIS 5770
XFX 5870
Diamond 5970
XFX 6870

will probably buy a GTX680 when the next gen comes out so i can get one for cheap.. i'm done with paying massive prices for the cards only to be outdated 6 months later =/

still on xfx 4850 2gb xfire.... i want to go to a single card set up thinking of the 7950

=/

No Fucking shit.

I prefer to keep my cards rather than try and punt them off to greedy bastards who only want to pay like 90 quid for a card that cost me the guts of 500 12 months previously.

Hence the reason I keep all my cards now and give them away to friends for free when I am done with them.

Atleast I will feel good about it if I do it that way, rather than feel like shit because I got raped by an internet monkey by selling something thats 1 year old exactly for 1/5 of its original price.

I like how so many people say outdated... makes me feel terrible about my GTX 295 when a 580 is outdated :eek:

lol how do you think i feel about my 8800GT's. but there really hasn't been a game thats come out that says "omg time to upgrade". even though i was a big BFBC2 fan, BF3 was meh and not even worth playing on PC so i just play it on my 360 since all i do is fly planes and helicopters anyways.. other then that my cards play everything else fine.

only if you let it be.. i bought my first 8800GT a year after they came out for 160 bucks and got the second one for free from a member here on the forum to use for folding. so 160 dollar investment has lasted me 4+ years and at this rate probably another year or two before i finally decide to retire them.

Last edited:
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 OC 2GB Main Rig
Gigabyte GTX 460 Super Overclock Secondary Rig
EVGA GTX 570 Primary SFF Mini Rig
EVGA GTX 250 Secondary SFF Mini Rig.

Was finally in this generation able to ditch my desktop and make a no-compromise move to a laptop. I sold my dual GTX 680s a couple months ago and haven't looked back. Currently have:

- dual GTX 680m SLI unlocked and OC'ed to GTX 670 speeds (effectively GTX 670 SLI)

Back