Poll/petition for Customer Service review

Would you be interested in [H] doing an customer service review for video card distro

• Total voters

todlerix

2[H]4U
Anyone else wish hardocp did an article on customer support reviews for video card companies?

Both AMD and Nvidia of course.

Go over things such as:
Hours of availability
Hours of north american support
Fees associated with customer service or RMAs
Warranty lengths and restrictions, reselling limitations regarding to warranty
Stipulations in regards to service received
Extra services like cross shipping
Warehouse locations
etc
etc

Vote :cool:

well I would love this but I doubt they have time or the audience for it.

this was the sort of thing H consumer did I believe

Not the kind of thing this site is known for but I think it may be something appropriate for another site to do. The info would be good. I don't expect to see anything like this, when I go to the hardocp homepage, and I doubt any loyal reader would. Not a reason why they shouldn't but I just wouldn't hold my breath.

What I'd like to see more than this info would be a quarterly "state of the driver review" where hardocp can keep track and grade the driver support offered by AMD and nvidia for their products. They can list in a organized fashion what each driver borks and/or fixes. Image Quality, Game Support, Options available, Ease of installation could all be some of the categories covered. Then they can give an overall 1-5 Star rating on the driver support per quarter so both companies can strive for that ever so hard to obtain 5 Star [H]ardness award! :D

Sure, but I pretty much know what to expect before splashing down cash for hardware. Most people that have a brain and do their research before hand before buying can too. Still, it would be nice to see what the current state of warranties and customer service by the major AIB vendors is.

What I'd like to see more than this info would be a quarterly "state of the driver review" where hardocp can keep track and grade the driver support offered by AMD and nvidia for their products. They can list in a organized fashion what each driver borks and/or fixes. Image Quality, Game Support, Options available, Ease of installation could all be some of the categories covered. Then they can give an overall 1-5 Star rating on the driver support per quarter so both companies can strive for that ever so hard to obtain 5 Star [H]ardness award! :D

you do realize just how unpractical this would be? most of the reasons you here user A complaining about AMD drivers vs user B complaining about Nvidia drivers is interaction with hardware. This is largely why AMD and Nnidia have such an issue with it. how many thousands of screens, motherboards, and CPU combos are these drivers to work on? doing a comprehensive review would be impossible.

you do realize just how unpractical this would be? most of the reasons you here user A complaining about AMD drivers vs user B complaining about Nvidia drivers is interaction with hardware. This is largely why AMD and Nnidia have such an issue with it. how many thousands of screens, motherboards, and CPU combos are these drivers to work on? doing a comprehensive review would be impossible.

Well considering they will do it on a even platform (same build different cards only) it would be a better more clearer comparison. Also it'll be better for the customer as both companies will make sure their driver support is top notch all the time. Both companies keep slipping up here and there and sometimes for the wrong reasons. I dont see this benefiting anyone more than the people who buy and rely on the drivers. Is that a bad thing?

Oh and to not be disrespectful to the OP, if you want to continue this discussion please PM me as I dont want to jack this thread and change the topic.

Back