• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Poll! 10 Minutes until purcashing!

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
Ok, which ones, the Sony MDR-XD 200's or 300's?


I like music, and gaming, but will prolly use these for on the road or for my laptop.
 
ok, then what would I buy for less than $50?

They need to be closed cans for sure. I don't want a bunch of noise escaping.


Recommend me something.
 
if u look hard enough u could find the Sony V6 for 50-60$. Maybe used though, plus you'd wanna replace the stock pads anyway with Beyers for an extra $20.
 
I got the Sennheiser HD-280's for $70 shipped, brand new on Ebay. They are great headphones for all around quality and durability. Very good purchase.
 
I am ordering them from Newegg for about $25 after shipping. I think they are very stylish, and from what I hear they are a good size/hold their noise well.

The XD300's were appealing for their headband, but not worth the extra $17. Maybe the risk wouldn't be worth it if they were not comfortable for me.

I like stylish headphones when I am out in public or in the office.
 
The Sony XD series is good, but at their prices, you can get someting better, for virtually the same price.

Go with the Sennheiser HD201 ($20 @ tigerdirect.com), Sennheiser PX100 ($50 @ headphone.com), Sony MDR-V6 ($70 @ etronics.com), or Grado SR-60 ($70 @ headphone.com). You won't regret leaving the XD's behind.
 
well u can toss th xd400 in there too if ya gonna have the v6... xd400>v6 because the v6 has shrilling highs and is too accurate, and from reviews, the xd400 is more musical anyways... the sr60 would suck for gaming btw.
 
why do people recommend sony for headphones? isnt it pretty much established that they are crap when compared to grado, sennheiser and beyerdynamic?
 
Sony does have some gems in their lineup, but most of the commonly available cans arent all that great. <3 the SA5k :)

I'd recommend a Sennheiser PX200 or Beyerdynamic DT-231. Maybe even the Senn HD-201 if your budget is limited.
 
why do people recommend sony for headphones? isnt it pretty much established that they are crap when compared to grado, sennheiser and beyerdynamic?

Because they're not all crap...

Apparently you've never heard their SA1000, SA3000, or SA5000... The SA5000 rivals the HD650 in all due respect. The CD series is pretty good too. And I guess you've never listened to the Eggo's either (D55, D66, and rare D77).

Don't forget the Sony Qualia line, which is extremely nice and nicer than any Senn except for the Orpheus and Baby-O.

The V6 are a great choice. They're almost as good as HD280's and better if you prefer more bass impact. Not to mention they're pretty affordable too, and they are built like a tank and last a long time.
 
Big Fat Duck said:
why do people recommend sony for headphones? isnt it pretty much established that they are crap when compared to grado, sennheiser and beyerdynamic?

and have you even listen to the new XD lineup yet? I own a low-end rebranded V-250, XD400, and sennheiser HD485 and KSC-75... the only one crap sony out of there is the v-250 .

and yes, the HD280's are supposely boring and "superflat" sounding, with no bass impact, while the v6's are preferred in this pricerange for a closed can that is more exciting.
 
Back
Top