• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Polarisation on LED Monitors

acordura

n00b
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
1
Hi all,

I have a bit of an unusual question. I work in insect research and we need an LED monitor to project images for insects to see, with a minimum 120hz refresh rate, but more crucially we need a display that has no polarising layer on it as many of the insects we work on can see polarised light. I have looked at tons of LED monitors now using polarised sunglasses and I can polarisation on all of them, I believe this may be because of anti-glare layers added to modern screens?

So my questions is, do any of you know of any LED monitors that would not have this polarising layer on it? I can thus far only find plasma screen without one.

Many thanks in advance for any help!
 
LCDs need polarizers to work. You're not going to find any LCD flat panel (including LED-backlit ones) without a polarizer. Most displays advertised as "LED" are LCDs with an LED backlight.

You could buy an OLED display, though I'm not sure what's available and the ones that are available are extremely expensive.

How about a CRT? Plenty of them can do 120Hz and they don't use polarizers.
 
You would have to buy one and remove it yourself which is not easy and can very easily risk damaging the screen.
 
Back
Top