Polaris 10 r470 specs rumor

razor1

[H]F Junkie
Google Translate

specs on P11 rumor

1280 shader units, 80 TMU's and 40 ROPs. The GPU does its work at about 1 GHz, which is much lower than the (higher positioned) 16nm models from Nvidia. There's 4GB of GDDR5 memory available, which has a 128-bit wide memory bus is controlled. The R9 470X must therefore perform similar to the R9 380 / 380X, though AMD has the TDP of the card while it heavily in know constrain. According to Chinese sources, the R9 470X has a TDP of only 60 watts

they really needed an ultra cheap model to compete with the 950's anyway....nvidia has had a monopoly on the modern 100-120 dollar cards for to long. If i had to guess this is what there trying to compete with (or should be)

they really needed an ultra cheap model to compete with the 950's anyway....nvidia has had a monopoly on the modern 100-120 dollar cards for to long. If i had to guess this is what there trying to compete with (or should be)

You're right, this needs to launch with a price point in that range and the cards need to not have a PCI-E power socket (they don't need one anyway). That will make it the new low-end performance card for gamers with underpowered PSUs and/or small wallets. A serious GTX 750 TI killer.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
The low end ultra cheap stuff will be going the way of APUs anyways. It's what all the small form factor boxes have done where they don't even have a case large enough for most video cards. Polaris 10/11+Zen+HBM you wouldn't even need system memory. Not sure we're there yet, but it's coming.

This is more ROPs than the 360/370 series which only had 32. I wonder if this is an indication we could see Polaris 10 with 80 ROPs instead of 64.

Not sure how this performs on the level of a 380X though with only 1280 stream processors and clocked at 1Ghz unless this architecture really is completely different than GCN 1.2 and before. It does have more ROPs than the 380X which also had 32.

Last edited:
If above is true 470x is 1280 shaders

480x will be 2048 shaders 32 CU's

If they release a 490 they will have to have a 490x

now if polaris 10 is 40 CU's max for top end 490x will be 2560 shaders and 490 will be 2304

may be 490x will have gddr5x.

I have serious doubts AMD will just announce radeon 400 series and they are not replacing the whole 300 series. Just very odd. I believe they will replace up to 490x and leave the fury parts alone as they are just a different category being the only HBM gaming cards in the market. May be slowly phase them out as Vega comes along.

If you really think about it above makes sense. There is absolutely no point having the 300 series around after this and they won't just not replace the 390/390x if they do replace them it will most likely be called 490/490x hence all these different specs for Polaris 10 with 32-40 CU's

I also don't think these cards will be all coming out at once, expect announcements but they might be coming out in July or so from the looks of the recent announcement that says june first they will give polaris updates.

Back