• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Pointer darts and jiggles, bad mousepad surface?

SledgeMakeGood

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
107
This subject actually started here, but it's a different question so it needs it's own thread. Thanks in advance for any help.

Copied text follows. My mouse is a Logitech MX500 connected via USB with unmodified bandwidth.

I'd like to know what everyone is using as a surface, because maybe that's why my optical sensor senses darting, miniscule movement when there is none. I've tried everything from the original foam-and-cloth pad to the smooth plastic with grainy background to a polished wood surface to heavy drawing paper with no luck. That's why I figured it was the sensor itself. Does anybody who really knows optical sensors know what the best surface, color- and texture-wise, as well as whether a uniform or vastly differing pattern is best? Anybody who's had this problem and solved it by changing the surface, please, please speak up.
 
Right now I'm using a MX510 on a Steelpad QcK (black, cloth surface) and before that I was using Icemat Black. I had no problems with my MX510.
 
Back
Top