point - to - point wireless setup

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
Any ideas guys??

I have a building that my high-speed is going to be coming into... THEN I want to beam it over to another building.... this building houses the 2k domain. So it is basically a wireless network... but not. I would rather run a wire... but their is a highway in between the two buildings, and kinda not possible :)

QJ

what you're looking for is a repeater, having one wireless router set up in one building with high speed internet, and then your other building to house the repeater

USR5450 is what I use, it's quite simple to setup and compatible with other router brands, except for D-link

No, this is not what I want. I want to shoot my internet in building A over to my domain in building B

QJ

Darkstar850 said:
What kind of budget do you have?

Unfortunately, not too high :(

My friend got some point to point thing on ebay one time for a couple hundred... it worked at like 5miles... but was mega slow... I only need about 400-500 feet.

QJ

Ok, I CAN get wireless signal in building A FROM building B... how do those D-Link things work?? The ones that convert something from ethernet to wireless?? I just of that now... that might be the cheap solution...

QJ

QJ,

Grab two of these from Dlink and you have your point to point bridge at a low cost.

The point to point bridge will create a link between the two buildings that are transparent to the PCs.

Tell me if you know... do these use the rp-sma connectors like the DI-624? If so, this is what I'm gonna get...

QJ

Perhaps you might be interested in this solution:
1Gbps over 500 to 1500m. It is using lasers to transmit data.
Link

alex_bgnet said:
Perhaps you might be interested in this solution:
1Gbps over 500 to 1500m. It is using lasers to transmit data.
Link

I was 'kinda' looking for budget stuff... I don't know the price, but I'm sure laser is out of the picture...

QJ

search on ebay for terabeam. there is some company on there selling some of their 60ghz stuff for cheap. they have fast-e and gig-e

or check out the PtP setups from trango. for your application, i would stay away from 2.4ghz.

Back