• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Point out my ignorance, Please :).

Porphyria

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
288
Ok well, My new stick of 512 pc2700 (meant to get 3200.. sigh, oh well) just got here.

I put it in with my 256 pc2100 thats in there already, and immeadiatley I get an error upon booting (And I had to completely repair the HD.. sigh), so after that I just put the 512 pc2700 in and it works fine. But the thing is.. the pc2100 alone works fine and so does the pc2700, and my board supports anything from pc2100, pc2700 to pc3200.

Is there something wrong about how I am putting them in formation? I tried moving them around in all four slots.. btw I'll post my motherboard in a second.

Mobo :http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-121-184&depa=0
 
I'll gladly point out your ignorance... :p
Try putting the faster stick in slot 1. And make sure the stick with the higher capacity is in slot 1. Try that, i'll see what your mobo is when it comes up.
 
Probably because the system is trying to run at 2700 speeds, and the 2100 can't cut it there. You need to lock it at 2100 (then buy BETTER RAM).
 
It's also possible that the memory sticks will not play nice together. I think this is the case, since both work individually. Therefore, the problem lies when both are in the system. There is no gaurantee that two different memory sticks will work fine side by side.
 
Hmm.. alright, thanks, so time to give this stick to my big brother and buy me another pc2700 :).
 
I dont know if the Intel board will let you, but if you have any memory options, set the timings to a relaxed setting... such as 3-3-3-8

They should both play nice at relaxed timings, if that doesn't work you probably are better off buying some new 2700 :p
 
Back
Top