pocket PC screen rotate program?

Absentee

[H]F Junkie
hey. just got an HP h6315 Pocket PC

i finally got my router to allow it to connect to the internet. so now i need one more thing

a utility that allows me to rotate the screen so i can view [H] easier

right now the screen is going up and down (portrait) while viewing web sites.

i want it to be going horizontal.(landscape) so i don't have any (or have alot less) horizontal scroll.

anyone know of a program that will allow me to do this? or is there any way to do it without a seperate program?

what PPC OS does it have on it? you can check;

start>>settings>> system tab, click on screen and make the change...

Some pocket PCs have a shortcut key for rotating in the screen. For example, on my HP ipaq 4700, if I hold down the Calender key for about 4 seconds, it rotates the screen to landscape mode.

its got Pocket PC 2003 phone edition on it

i dont see anything under the scren settings. all i see is align and enable cleartype

and no buttons when held down rotate it

:(

4b5eN+EE said:
its got Pocket PC 2003 phone edition on it

i dont see anything under the scren settings. all i see is align and enable cleartype

and no buttons when held down rotate it

:(

ah, a PPC phone... mmm not sure about that...

There are two programs that I know of that do (or used to do, at least) this. It has been a pretty long time since I've used them, so they may not work with that program.

DotPocket will flip it into landscape, and also has a nice desktop remote feature.

NYDITOT's virtual display will switch it to landscape as well.

Like I said, these were an old solution that I used to use for an old Toshiba PPC. They will both probobly work for you okay.

i dont think you can rotate on the fly with a phone (not with stock software anyways)

i have WM2K3 and i can rotate on the fly and even bind rotate to a button

Rotation is a feature of Windows Mobile 2003se (Second Edition) but not the original WM2003. You might see if an upgrade to 2003se is available. I seem to recall that there was one for that model, but you might want to check. Someone at either http://www.ipaqhq.com or http://www.brighthand.com would know.

Back