PNY XLR8 GTX 780

Good evening all! Not too much at all to be found on this card (this is the card with 3 fans, not the reference card.) I am wondering if anybody has any personal experience with this card. Right now it is down to this card and the EVGA 780 FTW. I see it has a noticeably higher base clock and boost clock over the FTW. I have heard that with fans at full throttle the noise is noticeable, which is probably not a big deal coming from an ATI card. One thing I could not find is the type of memory the card uses.

TL;DR:
1. Experiences with card in thread title?
2. Comparison between this card and EVGA 780 FTW?
3. Memory type? (Hynix, etc)

Thanks in Advance!

I just got this card as, the cooling is pretty solid it doesn't go over 60% fan speed and stays at 69c under load. Not loud even under load

Nope. I will most likely be getting it from a different distributor though as the price on PNY's site is slightly inflated.

O ok just asking because that is the two best 780s frys carries. I had the ftw too and it's great. Can't go wrong with either but Evga does have the best warranty in my opinion

They must only be available in-store? I don't see them on the site. I'm in the Jersey so unfortunately no Frys near me. I think I may go with EVGA for the rave reviews on their warranty and support, as I didn't realize that PNY is pretty much a one owner deal.

The PNY and the Zotac AMP have the exact same specs and are both reference cards. I replaced my 290 with the PNY XLR8 GTX 780 and have been quite impressed. I maxxed out the GPU at 1228 core (1150 is my daily) but havent touched the memory yet which is Hynix on mine but has been Samsung on some others. The cooler is very good, very quiet, and doesnt go above 69C or so even when overclocked quite high. I got mine from Fry's.

Funny you mention the Amp! I actually considered that card for a bit. I'm not sure what turned me off to it, maybe bad warranty/CS or something? It is good to see that people are saying the Hynix/Samsung memory are in the cards as opposed to the Elpida which reportedly doesnt OC for anything. The other selling point with PNY is hometown bias being in NJ, and its not like they are a new-comer to the game.

I have owned PNY cards and they are fantastic. Usually overclock well also. I wouldn't worry about purchasing one.

Back